Service – Strategy – Results
- Insurance Defense
Mr. Skarbowski knows that hard work and determination pay off. He worked his way through college and law school as a truck driver, putting in many working and studying hours. Despite this trying schedule, Mr. Skarbowski was recognized as the Outstanding Senior Man in Political Science in 1986 at Sam Houston State University, being on the Dean's List numerous semesters and graduating cum laude. While still working as a trucker once in law school, Mr. Skarbowski also made the Dean's List during 3 semesters and wrote the Top Paper in his 1991 Insurance Law Seminar (Professor Anthony Hall).
Mr. Skarbowski was first licensed to practice law in 1992. He has worked for more than 28 years as a civil litigation attorney involving many different practice areas. These areas include complex obstetrical and neonatal birth injury medical malpractice; probate litigation, wills, trusts and estates; commercial litigation and insurance defense.Mr. Skarbowski has represented individuals, families, large and small business entities on both sides of the docket.
Mr. Skarbowski has conducted hundreds of depositions, including numerous experts, physicians, nurses, as well as both plaintiffs and defendants in lawsuits over his legal career.
Mr. Skarbowski has also been involved in more than 25 trials during his career with favorable results achieved for many of his clients. Additionally, Mr. Skarbowski has successfully settled numerous cases for plaintiffs he has represented, the total of which represents millions of dollars. While representing defendants, Mr. Skarbowski has resolved cases favorably for his clients providing them with peace of mind, fiscal stability and saved them many thousands of dollars in the process.
Mr. Skarbowski's hard work and determination on behalf of his clients shows in his results for them and his clients know they can count on him to evaluate, investigate and provide each client with the best possible outcome.
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 1992
- Honors: Dean’s List Fall 1988, 1990, 1991
- Honors: Top Paper Insurance Law Seminar, Fall 1991 (Professor Anthony Hall, Jr.)
- Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas
- B.A. - 05/1986
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Outstanding Senior Man in Political Science 1986
- Major: Political Science
- Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1992
- Klein v. Hernandez, 260 S.W.3d 1 (Tex.App.--Houston-[1st Dist.] 2008, Court of Appeals-Houston 1st
- Klein v. Hernandez, 315 S.W.3d 1 (Tex.2010), Texas Supreme Court
- Klein v. Hernandez, 333 S.W.3d 689 (Tex.App.--Houston[1st Dist.] 2010, Court of Appeals-Houston 1st
- Williams v. Chatmanl, 17 S.W.3d 694 (Tex.App.--Amarillo, pet.denied, Court of Appeals-Amarillo
- Glenn v. Leal, 546 S.W.3d 807 (Tex.App.--Houston[1st Dist.] 2018, Court of Appeals-Houston-1st
- Western Dairy Transport, L.L.C
- Southwest Leasing, L.L.C.
- Exclusive Furniture, LP
- The Talaska Law Firm, P.L.L.C., Associate, 2014 to 2019
- The Skarbowski Law Firm, P.C., Principal, 2011 to 2014
- The Talaska Law Firm, P.L.L.C., Associate, 2000 to 2011
- The Law Office of George Hanko, Associate, 1996 to 2000
- Mueller Law Office, Associate, 1994 to 1996
- State Bar of Texas, Member